Friday 24 February 2012

Katy Perry ramblings

Okay, I'll try my best to make this post a little less than my Arctic Monkeys one.

People seem to mock me when I say that Katy Perry is my idol. I just find her so inspiring, gorgeous and a great role model. She started off as a gospel singer and had a self-titled Christian album:
Her voice was so cute and young then, I think she was 17 ish when it was recorded and the songs are so different to what they are now, but still so catchy. It's cute the way she went from this:
A cute, blonde, gospel singer from California, to this:

An international popstar and icon. A lot of people say "it's just generic pop music" but people seem to think that this means it's not good music with a meaning. It's stupid. She writes all her own songs, yet gets slated for it. I like how she inspires younger people to never give up and go for their goals, just like she did. I saw her live on October 18th 2011 and whilst she was playing Thinking Of You, she had tears in her eyes and kept smiling to her fans. It was so cute.
I've recently been re-listening to her older songs such as "Simple":
And "Cup Of Coffee":
Her voice is so young and different. I love how she's not changed at all personality wise and how she doesn't follow what other pop stars do. She still designs many of her own outfits:







Her hair:









She's always in contact with her fans, even through her divorce from Russell Brand, she played shows and made appearances. One being at the Grammys where she debuted her new single "Part of Me". The lyrics are amazing and are a bit of a "fuck you" to people who doubted her, Russell Brand being one of them. She's changed lyrics to suit the state she's in (the song was written two years ago- before she married Russell)
I annoys the hell out of me when people say she's "untalented". Especially before they've seen these:
She can clearly sing, hit notes many people in the charts can't and has played guitar since she was kid. Whenever I listen to her acoustic songs, I always end up going back to her videos of her performance at Warped Tour when One Of The Boys was released and I get all emotional and stuff.
Teenage Dream was a lot different to her previous album. The theme going from fruit to sweets/candy. Her image was more outgoing. She toured the world in a year and played over 200 shows, even when she was ill and going through a divorce.
Honestly, I can't even put into words how much I love Katy Perry.

No comments:

Post a Comment